Re: Non-GFI NSTs

Original poster: "Matthew Carlson" <mjc8804@xxxxxxx>

Wow, thats gotta be hard.  I can't believe they would want to be that
way to hobbiests.  Just don't see what they gain by smashing them.  Good
luck in the future of finding NST's.  If it weren't so much for
shipping, i'd say i'd help you, but seeing how i'm in the US, it would
be horribly expensive.

Matt

Matt Carlson
(314) 362-0870
4353 Clayton Avenue
Mailstop : 90-68-145
Saint Louis, MO 63110

http://issecurity.carenet.org
>>> "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> 01/05/05 17:32 PM >>>
Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matthew,

No I don't need a passport to get them from France as they are in Tenn.
But
some of the local sign shops are smashing the insulators on the used
ones to
prevent reuse.  Thus it's getting hard to get the larger NSTs from shops
without GFI.  The last time I went used NST shopping they had a 40x48
crate
of all types of non-GFI NSTs with smashed terminals.  Luckily that trip
netted me a 15/60 and a 12/60 new in the box that were in a canceled
sign
box headed for the scrapyard.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Matthew Carlson" <mjc8804@xxxxxxx>
 >
 > You don't even have to go to France for them.  Constantly there are
 > 12/30 NST's on ebay, and 99% of the sign shops around you that deal
with
 > any neon will have some available.  While you may get a better deal
on
 > ebay, if you go to a sign shop, you can have them test the NST while
you
 > are there.
 >
 > Matt Carlson
 >

 >  >>> "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> 1/4/2005 4:31:41 PM >>>
 > Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > Hi All,
 >
 > You can still obtain non-GFI NSTs from France.  What I got from
France