Re: Help please - info on big CDE pulse caps?

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 1/9/05 11:24:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Also, don't neglect the possibility that it's a one of a kind for some special purpose.

Well, I believe there were about a dozen of these in the particular lot. Not to mention that they are serial numbered past the "100" range, and apparently in multiple series. They also have what appear to be federal stock numbers. All that would appear to point to a standardized part for a large system.
I realize the tall insulators are at odds with high-current discharge ratings, but at 120KV that would be an awkwardly large diameter for a flat insulator on caps of this size.

-Phil LaBudde