Re: Terry's DRSSTC

Hi Ed,

The program computers the exact board cost and production time for you right there in the program. Big quantities of the full silk screened conformal coated boards about 1.5 x 3 cost me about $5 in QTY 100

The big filter board for my DRSSTC was $80.

The schematic part of the program is also useful to for quick schematics.

The boards are all drilled, double sided, plated through, and tin plated... Conformal coating and silk screen is available too for more money.

Cheers,

        Terry

At 06:04 PM 1/10/2005, you wrote:
Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> At 10:51 PM 1/9/2005, you wrote:
> >Hi Terry,
> >
> >Looks like a lot of very clean design work. What PCB capture are you using?
>
> I am just using the free software from ExpressPCB:
>
> http://www.expresspcb.com/
>
> It is a real simple PCB layout program. You just lay it out and then you
> push a button and they make it for you and you have it in a few days. Be
> sure to check them out if you have not before!! I cam make PC boards here
> too but they just make it too easy and they do real nice work! Their "mini
> board service" is very inexpensive so I try to cram stuff into that size.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Terry

Terry:

        They advertise 3 (or is it four?) boards for $51.00, but they aren't
very large.  Have you bought larger boards from them and, if so, what
was the cost.  Another question.  In looking at their literature (very
attractive!) I couldn't tell whether their boards are drilled or not.
Are they? Probably right in front of my eyes but...

I have started to try the schematic program but haven't taken the time
to learn it yet. Looks like a bargain at the price!

Ed