Re: Terry's DRSSTC -"different" H-drive functions...

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "Normally", when the gate drives are off, the IGBTs are pretty much
> slamming on the breaks for the primary loop current.  If all the IGBTs are
> not conducting, then the primary Q is very low and the energy stored in the
> primary is very quickly being dissipated in the free-wheeling diodes in the
> IGBTs.

Maybe I am thinking in a different circuit, but if the IGBTs are off,
in a full bridge, the reverse diodes don't conduct,
unless for some reason the voltage across the primary circuit (L+C)
becomes higher than the DC power supply that feeds the bridge.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz