RE: Terry's DRSSTC -"different" H-drive functions...

Hi Steve,

At 04:11 AM 1/14/2005, you wrote:

>on the BIG DRSSTC i had to upgrade
>to 15V logic

I second that, I used 74 series logic running at 5v on the OLTC II and it
was a real hassle getting it to work glitch-free. I had to slug things with
capacitors. So I've also changed over to 4000 series running at 15v. They
seem plenty fast enough.

Interesting. I'll see what happens... But I drive all the signals really hard even at 5 volts...

The pile of flip-flops and gates I use in my DRSSTC driver add something
like 200ns of delay, and any deadtime I add will give more delay on top of
that, but I can just set the PLL to compensate it.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing how that works. My controller with the freewheeling function is starting to look more like a computer... It seems to take lots of gates and such... Still thinking on it.

I think I managed to prove that the primary current is just the secondary
base current times (k^2*Lp/Ls)- the same as in an untuned primary SSTC
except with no "magnetizing current" as Richie Burnett calls it. But I might
well have got my Laplace transforms in a twist. Would anyone else like to
comment on this?

Too complex for me this moment ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry