Re: Welder question not coil related

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a Miller Thunderbolt welder that I lent to a friend of a friend, he put his own plug on it. He said he could never get it to weld . When I got it back, I took the plug apart,... he crossed wires,...had the ground wire goin' to one side of the 220v , and the other input wire to ground, so ,Im thinking he was only getting 120v to the welder, and the welder enclosure itself was HOT, 120v to ground!!! NOT A GOOD THING!!