Re: NEW IR IGBT (IRG4P50WD replacement), TLP250 Model

Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>

There are a couple of other innovative single-die IGBT designs out there, that have been shipping now for awhile. One of my recent favorites is:
http://www.lod.org/Miscellanae/IGBT45GP120B2DF2.pdf
They are shipping this one, but for some reason it's not listed on their website yet.

At present, perhaps the most awesome single-die IGBT in a PC-layout package is this one:
http://www.lod.org/Miscellanae/PWRX4500VSingle.pdf
This was a custom build for HV modulator switch service, but Powerex has now decided to try to market it to the world at large.

The first one works fantastic in 80kHz, 4kW SMPS service, where 20kHz IGBTs would fry. The second, although it exhibits a bit of a turn-off tail, has excellent Vds(on) performance for its hold-off voltage and can switch in about 250ns.

-GL

Looks like a super cool part!! Unfortunately, it is not available anywhere yet... I see they spill a lot of "secrets" now days though ;-))

Why not just use the voltage controlled switch in spice. You can set on and off voltages and turn on and off times directly. A few extra parts can fake all the loads and stuff

Cheers,

        Terry