RE: magnetic quenched triggered gap

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

While there is plenty of talk about where to get strong magnets, I have
yet to hear any credible reports of anyone having actually built a
magnetically quenched gap for a Tesla coil, and demonstrated that they
actually improve the performance more than, say, a clove of garlic.  In
other words, one can't just build one and report that it works well;
you'd have to operate the identical gap with and without the magnets and
compare the performance.  Magnetically quenched gaps ARE used in circuit
breakers, but I'd like to hear an actual report of the technology being
used and compared in our application.  I agree the theory sounds
promising, but...

Skeptically,
Gary Lau
MA, USA