Re: magnetic quenched triggered gap

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

They can also chip off pieces of flying neodymium/iron shrapnel if two
of these magnets are allowed to fly into each other unimpeded.

The pieces will break, but remain attached (ask me how I know this...).

It's not likely that the AC electromagnetic fields are going to significantly
affect one of these types of rare earth magnets.

I made several experiments with sparks and strong magnets. Maybe with strong high-current arcs the behavior is different, but with single sparks there is absolutely no visible influence. The magnets act as plain conductive blocks.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz