Re: Seibt Photo

Original poster: Kurt Schraner <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed,

thanks for your replies. My comments interspersed.

<snip, my mail>

> Have you ever tried putting a long fluorescent lamp tube near the > coil and seeing what patterns might be generated in it?

Not yet an experience, but will try. My friend Urs Lauterburg at the Univerity of Bern, has an old Seibt, which has such a "lamp" along. Pic's about it can be had at:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/SeibtSpule1k.JPG
http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/SeibtSpuleKopf_k.JPG
http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/SeibtSpuleFuss_k.JPG

As may be noticed, the coil resembles closely the one sketched at Antonio's site. I'm keen, to see this Seibt again operating, which was not the case, as long as Urs remembers. He's waiting now my experience with my own coil, and help to get it alive again.

    Good picture.  I tried saving it and enhancing it (increase contrast a
lot and adjusting brightness) and got it to look a lot better.  I
suspect your results would be much better working with the original.
Ed

Before presenting the pic' to the list, I also tried to enhance it a little, adjusting brightness 25% and contrast 30%, by means of the PaintShopPro program. Might you perhaps send your version, as an attachment to an offlist mail?

Thanks, and best regards,

Kurt