Re: Towards the autonomous lifter - electrostatic voltage generators.

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a lifter on display in a science museum that uses 5W to lift 4g. Now that it has been running for months now, I am finding new problems such as HV creep and burning down the uprights and wire fracturing due to the agitation of the wires despite damping precautions. I am designing an updated model with plastic supports and some very fine Litz wire from Bert Poole. I have my ideas for a very new design for an ion engine. I just need to get a couple of hundred other projects out of the way.
http://tesladownunder.com/Lifters.htm

Peter

Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

I've gotten a small tranangular lifter to levitate using about 4 watts of
power.
Adam