From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:27 AM
Subject: Re[2]: Microwave capacitors

Original poster: Illicium Verum <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Bob,
The capacitors I'm working with are;

Brand: BC COMPONENTS/VISHAY
Type: AC and pulse metallized polypropylene film capacitors
Model: KP/MKP 2222 375
Applications: Where high currents and steep pulses occur.
Material: Radial Epoxy Lacquered Type
Dielectric: Polypropylene film
Electrodes: Metallized film and aluminum foil
Coating: Flame retardant epoxy material (UL-class 94 V-0)
Performance Grade: Grade 1 (long life)
Stabillity Grade: Grade 2
Climatic Category: 55/105/56
Operating Temperature: From -40°C to +85°C
Maximum application temperature: 105 °C
Capacitance tolerance: 5%
Rated voltage: 450AC or 1000DC
Rated value: 68nF
Voltage rise/fall time: 3300Vµs
Tangent of loss angle: At 10 kHz  =  <6 × 10-4
Tangent of loss angle: At 100 kHz = <15 × 10-4
R between leads: At 500 V, 1 minute >100000 MOhm
R between interconnected leads and case: 500 V, 1 minute >100000 MOhm
Ionization (AC) voltage: (typical value) at 50 pC peak discharge >500 V
Withstanding (DC) voltage: (cut off current 10 mA), rise time 100 V/s:
1200 V, 1 minute
Withstanding (DC) voltage between leads and case: 2840 V, 1 minute
Pitch = 27.5 mm

The price I paid for 275 capacitors was;
Euro 222,75
USD  264

Quantity        List Price
1 - 49          Euro 1,10    USD 1,30
50 - 99         Euro 0,99    USD 1,17
100 - 499       Euro 0,81    USD 0,96
500 - 999       Euro 0,64    USD 0,76
1,000 - 2,999   Euro 0,57    USD 0,67
3,000 and above Euro 0,43    USD 0,51

All prices before tax!

I placed 5 strings of 55 capacitors 400 VAC in series.
Each string is 22000 Volt AC and 1.236 nF
5 strings in parallel givs a 6.18 nF, 181500 Vµs Primary capacitor.

They can be both at http://www.farnell.com an international
organisation who delivers allmost anywhere on the world.

It toulk me some time to copy and paste and convert curencies etc etc,
but.... I hope this will cover all the information you need ;)
Feel free to ask for more details :D

Best regards,
Sebastiaan

--