Re: Coupling vs secondary voltage chart

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/16/05 11:20:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just lowered the K to ~.18 according to JavaTC9.1.  I also arranged to
run the coil on my 240V line so i dont have to worry about the 15A
120V breaker ;-).  Solid 6 feet at about 80% input (out of 280VAC) and
only requiring 150uS burst lengths.  At full 85% input i got some 80"
strikes!  I didnt dare push to 100% yet.

Steve,

Did you check the results using the original coupling too now that
you switched to 280 volts input?  Just switching to 280 volts can
increase the spark length in some systems for a given variac
setting.

Cheers,
John