Re: Coupling vs secondary voltage chart

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

>  > always true that the longest arcs from
> disruptively
>  > operated TC must be the ones that dissipate the
>  > highest power?
>
> Where else would the power go?  It has to be used
> somewhere.
-----
Where does 3 kw of power in Steve C's OLTC go to?
Tuned for the best spark output (althought there is no
much room to tune in OLTC primary bank systems),it
delivers  ~6' at ~3500 W/400 BPS.
-----

  The old SSTCs
> took maybe 2-3mS
> to develop the full streamer and they produce sparks
> far shorter than
> a DRSSTC
<snip>
-----
Due to too long rise times and number of cycles in
ring-up...
Over 100 cycles in a duty cycles are far from being
optimum  I guess.
-----

  It seems that faster rise times produce
> better sparks from
> my experiences (but i only have experiences to go
> by).
-----
Why?Define what do you  consider the faster rise time
in the case of your coil.
-----

>  > There must be optimum choice(s) between these two
>  > factors affecting performance for every separate
>  > system under consideration.
>
> Yes, i agree with that.  This is what Terry's
> program is all about i think ;-).
>
> Steve
-----
Bottom line is that I feel that power delivery to
secondary arc isn't exclusively  the only parameter
for every system that affects max spark output given
BPS rate.The most important factor  still remains the
power however,I agree.

All the Best,
Boris