Re: Brightness of streamers vs. ground strikes (Rogowski coil)

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I measured around 7 Amps peak current for my particular system.

Dan, I'm sure I remember you posted some traces of ground strike current on 4hv.org? IIRC there was a brief large spike that went right to the top of the scope screen and then a sine wave "follow through" as the coil drives the new load.

It is this big spike that I and others suggest as being hundreds of amps peak. It would be hard to measure accurately due to the short rise and fall times. Did you get a measurement of it?

Steve Conner