Re: Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics.

Original poster: "Chris Rutherford" <chris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

Does the formula f0 = c/4 x 1 (c=light m/s, l=wire length.) and this statement by Tesla mean anything to anyone?

"The exact attunement of the two circuits (windings) secures great advantages, and, in fact, it is essential in the practical use of the system In order to attain the best results it is essential that the length of wire, from the ground connection to the top, should be equal to one-quarter of the wavelength of the electrical vibration of the wire." -Dr Tesla

Are we assuming the elctrons in the wire are reaching a relatabvistic velocity due to the high potential?

http://www.griffithobs.org/exhibits/Tesla%20Coil%20Exhibit/tcoil.html

The coil in the diagram appears cone shaped, is this just the illustration or would there be a practical reason for this?

Thanks

Chris