Re: Tesla's CS Coil Data from ScanTesla and all....

Original poster: "Bart B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cool, thanks Terry (I'm really not going crazy!).

I modeled the Wendover coil and came up with a completely different set of parameters (thus, my concern). I can say the Wendover coil primary and secondary info was excellent. Both were about 43 kHz. The tertiary interestingly was closer to 100 kHz. Something is wrong with the 3rd coil setup (either very wrong or something is seriously missing. i.e., force driven? because it is "absolutely not" resonate to the primary and secondary - even with huge toploads.).

I agree regarding Tesla's 3rd coil, including Golka's rendition. When these coils are placed center to the sec & pri systems, there is absolutely mutual induction occurring. This is very different than the typical maggy built the past several years. Even my maggy built a year or so ago was a better representation of Tesla's coil than the typical maggy (3rd coil centered to the driver).

Golka's pri to sec coupling was about 0.33. I didn't model the tertiary coupling, but I may do that following this email (unless my honey forces the BBQ cleaning soon - a mans sixth sense is pulsing!). I must say thanks to Mike for posting Golka's data. There is absolutely no doubt Golka had a very interesting coil to play with, and I care very little for anyone who says otherwise. Golka built a massive coil which was certainly of an "older vintage style" coil than anything we have today. Not even Wysock's coils or many of the other "professionals" have pulled off anything like this. While modeling Golka's Wendover coil, I developed a whole new appreciation for what he did. I've heard some interesting "comments" through my time on the TCML regarding Golka. Although I can understand why those negative comments may have had some credibility, I cannot discount Golka's ability to build a coil in the "likeness" of Tesla and to a grand scale. My hat is off to Golka!

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Bart,

Dave from TCBOR sent me a bunch of Richard Hull's data. I pieced together the rest with the programs. It IS Tesla's Colorado Springs coil.

I do wonder... The third coil in Tesla's machine may have been able to pickup a substantial amount of energy not as a magnifier where the third coil is isolated, but as a standard coil where the induction from the primary/secondary was coupled to the third coil... Not counting the coupling to the third coil may not be right... Maybe Tesla's big machine was more of an Oudin coil than a magnifier...

Perhaps the program needs secondary to third coil coupling added...
Or, just try modeling as a standard two coil system... I can easily run the primary to third coil coupling...

K = 0.053

That may we be enough to supply more energy to the third coil than the wire...

Hmmmmm...

Cheers,

        Terry