Re: Copper Banding?

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

My orig. idea was, for the cap I want to use, I need to add a couple more turns on the pri. I like to keep the toroid OD a little larger than the pri. OD, and with adding a few more turns, its gonna start gettin' to big, and ,thought, going to a more compact ribbon type would help, but, from what your saying, although I'll save space, inductance will be lower anyway, so , stay with the copper tubing ??? The coil runs well, but Im right on the end of my pri. ( 12th turn ) another 1/2 - or so could help, maybe......