Re: New to List

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Tesla list :-)

There are people here from kids to Ph.Ds so any level of electronics is fine.

The abbreviations are sort of a long running joke since nobody can keep up with them ;-) but there is a list here:

http://www.pupman.com/faq/abbrs.html

There are probably some more up to date lists around too.

VSWR - Voltage Standing Wave Ratio - Used in radio antenna theory stuff a lot. "I" don't use it for Tesla coils, but some do.

PFC - Power Factor Correction - Typically capacitors that help the current and voltage AC waveforms align to get the best power transfer.

DRSSTC - Double Resonant Solid State Tesla Coil. - New solid state type of Tesla coil that works "better" then the older types of traditional coils!

http://www.drsstc.com

MMC - Multi-Mini Capacitor - Using many small capacitors strung together to make a big high voltage Tesla coil capacitor. Almost all typical Tesla coil capacitors are MMCs these days:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Your Maxwells should do fine too.

You may mean "Richard Hull's" videos. Richard Quick is also another great coiler but I don't think he did videos where Hull has done dozens. I don't have info on them handy, but somebody will ;-)

All the post sent out to the list are in plain ASCII format without file attachments to protect against viruses and stuff. So large HTML text is just converted to plain ASCII and the members don't see it. I moderate the list so I do, but that is no problem at all.

Cheers,

        Terry