Re: PVC pipe

"Is anyone familiar with the light green, thin walled PVC? Lowe's has it
and
the wall thickness is about half that of schedule 40. Is this type of
PVC
pipe OK to use for the secondary coil? Is it the same as or superior for
use as a secondary coil? Does it need to be dried and sealed the same as
regular white PVC? Does anyone know where to get tubing made from
plastics
that are better suited for building coils? Is ABS superior to PVC? Is
there
a web site where this kind of information is located? Thanks for any
help.
I have been planning this coil carefully for a long time and I am trying
use the best materials I can get for each part of the coil.
Paul Brodie"

	I once made a  7 millihenry loading coil using a piece of 8"
thin-walled green tubing a friend of mine picked out of a ditch.  The
stuff wasn't particular round, but the coil came out with a Q of almost
800 (at 137 kHz).  We didn't dry it out and I suspect it would have been
susceptible surface breakdown in a TC application, but certainly the RF
losses were low.

Ed