Re: PVC Pipe

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul,

I bought a gallon of both Glyptal and AC-43 from Dr. R about 2 years ago. At that time AC-43 was about as expensive as Minwax Polyurathane at $25 a gal. The Glyptal was another story at $78 a gal. Prices have been going thru the roof for electrical chemicals lately, so don't be surprized at the prices. I just paid $30 a 16oz can of Blue Shower replacement. It was $10 last time I bought it.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All,
Thanks for all the information and suggestions on pipe for a secondary coil. Forgive me, I'm a perfectionist. I have decided to go with the white schedule 40 PVC and to dry and seal it inside and out. If the price I get from the Dolph Company is reasonable, I plan to use their ER-44 polyurethane coating. Here is Dolph's description:
Low cost, fast drying red polyurethane insulator. Excellent coverage and protection. Oil and moisture resistant and excellent adhesion.
It also says that the dielectric strength is 2000 V per mil and AC-43 is listed as 1800 V per mil.
It is listed under their insulator category and it comes in spray cans,which I think will be easier to apply.
When Dolph gets back to me, I'll post the cost and any comments I get from their rep as to suitability of the product for what I have planned.
Paul Brodie