Re: Wire length LC derivation,

Original poster: jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx

Part 1

By Ampere, the inductance for a long air cored solenoid is:
L = (u Nsqrd A) / h                       (where h is the length of
the solenoid)
                                          (where A is Area )
                                          (where N is the number of
turns)
Since:
 2 pi r N = wire length*

  *actual wire length = sqrt ( (2pirN)sqrd + (h)sqrd )
    but we disregard (h)sqrd as an insignificant term.

Then:
N = wire length / 2 pi r N

Substituting we get:
L = u ( wire length)sqrd / 4 pi h

By Maxwell:
u = 1 / Csqrd  epsilon        (Where C = 3x10 to 8 m/s)

Then:
L = (wire length)sqrd / (epsilon Csqrd  4 pi  h )

Part 2

For sake of simplicity in the following description of LC we will use
the derived capacitance of an isolated sphere. This would be directly
applicable to a Tesla coil secondary.