Re: Wireless power transmission

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul,

> Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I know we all love big sparks but has anyone done any serious research
> and tried to duplicate Tesla's claims of wireless transmission of
> electric power? Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of Tesla's
> Colorado notes? In all the material I've read about Tesla and his
> experiments, I've never seen anything describing what he used for a
> receiver of wireless power transmission. Anyone know anything about
> this? Paul Brodie

In answer to the first question, yes. Lots of people. In answer to
the second, I don't know who stocks it at present. It is stated in
the Notes complete with photograph that he used a resonator with
light bulbs attached a _short_ distance from the lab (not the
mythical 60 miles or whatever it was supposed to have been according
to at least one "biographer"). The "receiver" was really just another
winding near-field coupled to his "magnifying transmitter". This is
easy to duplicate in the lab with a pair of resonators. Done it many
times. Transformers do it all the time.
      I suggest that had his dreams been realizable in the way he
thought, the earth would be uninhabitable to lifeforms. Energy would
have built up in the Schumann cavity without limit with who knows
what resultant electrical mayhem.

Malcolm