Re: Random TC Questions- streamer current

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is it really valid to assume the current in a light globe is the same for 50Hz as 100kHz? I would suspect that the "coiled coil" tungsten filament may alter this. It might be interesting to compare this to another method of current readings such as with a high speed bridge rectifier feeding a capacitor and a DC ammeter.
Peter
Tesla Downunder

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Whenever this comes up I always like to show this picture-
http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/dby2004/sc2004_0529_160408.jpg
..it takes 125mA RMS to light fully. It lit more than fully- the filament ..
was melted in the first few seconds ...
Steve Conner