Re: 3rd harmonic trap

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Sorry, but it won't work. Although it will block that frequency pretty
well, the pole is just moved a little bit.

It would be desireable to supress the higher modes to keep your driver
on the fundamental mode. I tried it once to keep my SSTC from jumping
to other modes during ground arcing (base current feedback is more
susceptible to it), and realized why it wouldn't work after some more
fets blew up :P

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:35:56 -0700, Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Original poster: "Jolyon Cox" <jolyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Dear List > I am wondering whether it would be possible to use a parallel-resonant LC > circuit in series with the primary of an SSTC as a "trap" to suppress the > unwanted 3rd harmonic mode of oscillation. > Does anyone know if this is feasible or even desireable? > > Jolyon > >