RE: O-Scope for tesla coil use

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>would this differential amplifier be a plugin card, or an external box?

I have an old Tektronix 7603 scope. I got a differential amp plugin for it
on EBay for $25. You connect it straight to the circuit or via two x10 scope
probes (which ought to be the same make and model and well adjusted so they
match)

It is supposed to stand up to 500V common mode with direct connection but I
would still be a bit wary of connecting it straight to a SSTC H-bridge...

As the name suggests the "plugin" is a box of circuitry that fits into a
slot on the scope chassis. On the bigger Tektronix scopes, the vertical
amplifiers are plugins and on some the timebase is a plugin too. So you pull
one of the vertical amps out and plug the differential amp in its place. I
think the 535 has plugin vertical amps but the timebase is built in.

Steve Conner