Re: DC powered Coil single phase 14.4KV 5KVA pig DCPTC ?-)

Original poster: tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
>
> Ken,
>
> You don`t really need a DC supply to do what you want.
> You can get equal bangsize with a sync gap, provided you use unequal
> spacing btwn the electrodes.
> The incoming waveform of the AC supply is of litle relevance in an
> inductor
> limited supply, where energy is stored whenever current is flowing. You
> can
> have the high voltage at surprising points on the AC supply.

With a filtered DC power supply, you have have high voltage all the time
at any time. To be able to charge the tank cap whenver you want at any
rate you can supply power for you need a constant supply of electricity.
You cannot do this with AC.

Just like running a sync gap out of "phase" with the line voltage you get
no results since your gaps are lined up when the just happens to be no
power. I've tried varible break rate wheels with plain AC and it was
obnoxious to have to worry about being out of phase enough  to get it to
work at all. DC is good stuff.