Re: Streamer colour

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Bob, All,

The problem of "true" color is more philosophical than physical. By one definition, color is the response of the optic nerve to certain energy photons. In this view, color does not exist if there is no eye to see it. Color can also be defined by the specific wavelengths present in the spectra. This definition is more amenable to objective analysis.
Has anyone tried taking spectrographic pictures of arcs and streamers with either an analog or digital spectroscope, and comparing them this way? It seems that it would be easier to agree on the numbers than on whether something "really is" what it "appears" to be.

Matt D.