Re: high coupling -> racing sparks was Re: horizontal half wave(double ended) coil

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

In an effort to design a better SGTC with dual series ARSG's it would be helpful to have a guess at the on time for the slow ARSG which allows the string of fast (1400bps) pulses from the second to turn on. Can you shed light on this for my 6 inch coil?
Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au

My DRSSTC is computer controlled :-))))
Last night I wrote a little program to do:
1 cycle, wait 1 sec, 2 cycles, wait 1 sec, 3 cycles, wait on sec..... to 30 cycles...
I can vary the power at will and the "BPS" from 40 Hz to ~250 Hz...
The firing cycle pulse width can be varied (on the fly) from 10uS to 500uS...
....I am all ears if you know something fun to test!!
Cheers,
Terry