Re: LC III

"Fortunately, for coiling, we don't need any of that detailed
knowledge.  We can just use the distributed models to calculate
'equivalent' reactances which we can then use in a lumped
equivalent model of the system.  This represents an improvement
on earlier methods which relied on the product of low frequency
inductance and Medhurst C in lumped models."

	How much improvement in accuracy do you get using the distributed
model?  I've tested a number of secondaries with about 5:1 aspect ratio
and using conventional (accurate) lumped-constant inductance formulae
and an approximation to Medhurst I always got within 5% of predicting
the unloaded SRF, and often within a couple or better.  Seems to me
that's plenty good enough for the average coiler's use.

	I always thought the Corum's made a fetish over their
"transmission-line" approach, to the point where what could have been a
simple paper because a lengthy and somewhat tangled one.  Have a couple
of examples they gave to a DARPA conference on UWB radar and its
supposed anti-stealth capabilities.  Report from one of the attendees
was that they did a poor job of  answering questions.

Ed