Terry's DRSSTC - Class of Operation?

Hi All,

Now here is a heavy thing!!!

DRSSTCs, being totally electronic, can run at super high BPS rates... So fast, that the previous bang never rings down, and "VERY significantly" contributes to the next bang:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/2940BPS-01.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/2940BPS-03.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/2940BPS-04.gif

These are "just" at 2940 BPS...  I can now run at 6000+ BPS...

The limit here is the 125uS the Basic Stamp 2p micro-controller takes to process instructions....

I think the "Rabbit" micro-controllers can control the pulse timing in the sub 1uS range!!!

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/rcm3600/rcm3600.pdf

Thus, one can totally control "each pulse"... Both T1 and T2 can be controlled "on-the-fly":

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTC-Timing-Chart-01.gif

BPS may be meaningless now since the controller "can" control everything "bang-to-bang". Adjusting and optimizing for IGBT current, IGBT temperature, set point, streamer length,.... in "real time"... The coil may no longer have "bangs", but just be "pulse width modulated" at your whim...

This, of course, opens up a "can of worms" trying to explain things and defining things... I had to redo my program, but first had to come up with this chart:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTC-Timing-Chart-01.gif

I think it defines the variables needed "now" pretty well to do the programming....

My BS2p program is here (just open it as a plain text file):

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTC-107exp.bsp

But the issue is, things are changing!!!

We must prepare for a whole new set of definitions and ways of running Tesla coils!!! The days of "fully electronic" Tesla coils being controlled by 50MHz micro-processors is almost upon us!! And those darn DRSSTCs are a force to be reckoned with :o))))

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/mag2-4-30-05/spark6.JPG

The World of Tesla coiling is "different" now....

Cheers,

	Terry