Re: Useful HV PSU's from x-ray equipment

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It will if you're looking for the "climbing arc" effect like a jacob's ladder.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: Useful HV PSU's from x-ray equipment

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Oh ok, I will remove the diodes when I get a chance. Will doing this improve arcs? Thanks

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:42:41 -0600

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like the output is still in dc mode. If you take it apart and remove the rectifiers it will be ac. With small transformers like that (prob rated 10 mA or so, might be able to get 30-40 mA for short runs without frying it) you will still get the 60 Hz buzz, but with 10 mA it won't pull much farther than the starting distance (like an obit). Dead shorting it in dc mode will eventually kill the rectifiers.

Mike