Re: Terry's DRSSTC - 6000 BPS >:o)

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

It seems that each bang just "adds" to the next. I don't mean like a streamer follows the path from the last bang. It is like the T1 time is just stretched out. The T2 times seem to get lost and the streamer builds like it was just one long T1 time.

What is the advantage in 25 bangs in a burst vs having one bang where T1 is 25 times longer. I would think the thermal time constant is longer than a burst period. Could it be the smoothing effects that would have on the main bus ripple. Maybe there is a current issue, if so, how long can T1 be for a single shot before overcurrent is an issue??? I guess I'm thinking if the IGBTs and controller could take it, what would happen if T1 were like infinite??

I had to keep lowering the T1 time to keep the streamers at a sane length!!

When you vary something else??

I worry about where the IGBT load is at. The current should be low and the heating should be low...

What is the concern if the IGBT's are over current and thermal protected???

BTW, it looks like you have 26 bangs per burst by looking at the scope pictures (might be an issue when you start doing real streamer experiments)

Gerry R