[Fwd: 8th Annual UK Teslathon May 27/28th Derby]

Original poster: Phil Parry <ryukin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi groups,

It's that time of year again ;) Martin Dale has asked me to forward the attached message to the Tesla lists, and assorted other interested people. Apologies if you receive this message more than once. Please contact Martin direct if you'd like to attend.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Phil

Subject: 8th Annual UK Teslathon May 27/28th Derby

Hi all,
Sorry for the late notice!
The Annual UK Teslathon is on again this year.
It's in Derby, 27th / 28th May at the same venue as last year - the Carlton Road United Reformed Church Hall, Carlton Road Derby.
The Derby and District Amateur Radio Society have kindly agreed to host the event again, and a there's a multimap link for location details on their website http://www.dadars.org.uk/

Please note, this event is the only one with the UK Teslathon title... :-)
Accept no impostors, false claims or attempts by others to re-name and discredit this long running and sucessful event!

For an idea of what happened last year -
http://www.absolutelyandy.com/myphotos/teslathon2004/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electricstuff/uktesla2004.html
http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/dby2004/

It's not a public event, but all those over 14 who have an appreciation of the dangers of high voltage experimentation are welcome.
Registration is required in advance for entry, so please reply to this e-mail or direct to martin.dale@xxxxxxxxx to let me know you are attending.

Entry fee is held at £3 again, to cover the cost of the hall hire.
Please bring along you Tesla Coil or other high voltage or high power device to demonstrate.
Only a month away now so, get that project finished off!
I'll be bringing the big coil again and try and push it up to 8ft !

The halls will be open from 2pm Friday 27th for setting up power and grounding systems.
Then from 9am Saturday 28th those setting up equipment.
Spectators and enthusiasts will be welcome from 10:30am
The programme will be the same as last year;

FRIDAY 28TH,
2 pm onwards, prepare hall (some blackout for the windows plus install an earth line and temporary high current feed)
Early set-up of large coils and possibly some preliminary test runs.
7 pm, pack up for the night.
7:30 pm (or as agreed) meet up for beers and food in Derby.

SATURDAY 29TH,
9 am - Hall opens for those bringing and setting up coils.
10:30 am - Hall opens for visitors and guests.
11 am - Demonstrations begin ('Show and tell' for those willing :-)
12:30 pm - Lunch (Directions can be given to the local chip-shops, take-aways and pubs lunches!)
1:30 pm - More demonstrations.
3 pm - group photograph (lets make sure we all get on it this year!)
3:05 pm - Final demos and closing remarks
5 pm - Pack away for the next Teslathon.

Tea and Coffee will be available during the day thanks to the Derby and district amateur radio club (DADARS), who have kindly made this venue available to us.
So I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Please forward this email on to anyone you think may be interested.

Regards, Martin Dale, G6ABU