Re: Russian high-voltage installation (being scrapped?)

Original poster: Matthew Smith <msmiffy@xxxxxxxxx>

Dave Small wrote:
>      Does anyone else recall a show on Discovery Channel (or one like it),
> discussing the possibility of the Soviets running Tesla Coils? While my
> memory is vague on this, I recall some Canadian ham radio operators
> complaining that some frequencies were no longer usable because of
> interference, and they showed the signal coming across pretty clearly on an
> oscilloscope.

The "Russian Woodpecker" was believed by some to be generated by some
form of "Tesla Apparatus".  Possibly an over-the-horizon radar, the
Woodpecker has caught the imagination of the, er, reality-challenged,
and has be hailed as some sort of weather control device - I'm sure
there are plenty of other dubious stories out there.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Web/FOAF: http://www.mss.cx