topic drift from Russian high-voltage to Russian Tesla Coils and Canadian ham radio operators

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If it was a pulsing sound on the shortwave and amateur bands it might
have been the Russian Woodpecker:
http://www.answers.com/topic/russian-woodpecker

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/steel-yard.htm

No Tesla there but serious high-power RF with frequency hopping -- high
tech for its day...