Re: Tesla Coil Information and copyrights

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/7/05 2:54:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Also, someone has proposed that copies of the
Electrical Experimenter magazine be scanned in. Before anyone does this, I
hope that they will verify that the magazine has entered the public domain
and is NOT still under copyright.

Copyrights are not just right, they are the law, in fact, international
law. As a law abiding citizen and author, I respect this. I know that it is
very easy sometimes to turn a blind eye to "little" infringements of this
law, sometimes in the spirit of perhaps helping someone out. This doesn't
change a thing, it is still a violation of the law.
Best Regards
Paul Brodie

Hi Paul,
Good point, but I strongly suspect that the 1918 original editions of the magazine are no longer copyright protected. As to CSNs, the question would be whether the edition from which they were scanned was still protected. That is a much more likely possibility.

Matt D.