Re: About SSTC and DRSSTCs

Hi Adam,

The biggest link site is certainly:

www.drsstc.com

Another fascinating tale of Jimmy's making the first DRSSTC is at:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/chunkyboy86/jimmylogbook.htm

http://www.hot-streamer.com/chunkyboy86/DRSSTC%20description.htm

http://hot-streamer.com/chunkyboy86/

He was 16 doing if for a science fair project... He changed the face of coiling forever!!!!!!

For a printed book there is only one and it is super excellent!!!

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/sstc_publication.htm

Definitely get the book!!  It is what finally clued me into everything!!

You don't need computers for anything.... I use them for control and really playing with the coils, but I think I am the only one using computer control. All the other DRSSTCs or plain digital logic chips doing trivial timing tasks (Steve Conner's are very high level though!) .

Steve Ward is the BIG coil guy:

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC2/spark1.JPG

I sent Steve a box of IGBTs big enough to run a city >:)))) I can hardly wait to see what he will make with them!!

I think getting Dan's book to thumb through would be best. It has tons of pictures and explains everything in one nice source. There is a lot of stuff on-line too, but the book is a book so it is far easier to just sit and thumb through... And that is coming from a guy with for computers on his desk ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry