Re: ScanTesla program

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 10:15 PM Subject: ScanTesla program

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Hi All, > > I was thinking about making a program that could scan though Tesla coil > parameters to find configurations that give the best sparks. Nothing is > really written yet, but the "idea" is here: > > http://drsstc.com/~terrell/modeling/ScanTesla.pdf > > It is sort of the manual version of MicroSim. MicroSim just can't grind > though zillions of models and do just what we need. So I thought it was > time to make a program that could really do what is needed. I would really > like a program that could generate the data to make 3-D surface plots of > streamer power vs. say Lp and K... > > Any thoughts or comments are welcome. > > Cheers, > > Terry >

Some ideas to think about:

1) Do this as a matrix equation as in classical network analysis (like
Spice, MicroSim, etc.) use.  You build up an matrix representing all the
interconnections and admittances, then solve it.

2) There's a package of Excel routines available for free from an Italian
group
http://digilander.libero.it/foxes/index.htm  --- scan down for Matrix
V1.8...  There's even routines to do linear circuit analysis, with examples.

3) Matlab student/academic edition can also do the matrix math, AND do the
nice 3 d plots your looking for.   Academic price is $99.  Octave is a
freeware clone and should also work.