Re: Need a Variac

Hi Scot, all,

Speaking of looking for things under the "not so common names",
look at the deal that I just got on these two monster "Quarter
shrinker" capacitors from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7511960847&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7511960817&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

There was no "high voltage" or "tesla" nomenclature on these listings
from the same seller and I just happened to "catch" these two listings
during the last 25 minutes of a 10 day listing!! (The "low inductance"
wording is what happened to catch my attention). At $29.95 each I got
them for the minimum opening bid because obviously not too many
other "HV nut" people knew about them. Of course their weight is
also an issue at around 160# each but Birmingham is an easy day's
roundtrip from Memphis so I'll be picking them up May 16. Just goes
to show that you can get some real deals off of ebay if you know
where to look and are persistant and DON'T share a good deal on
soemthing that YOU want with this list until AFTER you have won it!
;^)) Compare the deal that I got with this ebay listing for a very similar
type of capacitor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4662&item=7513646222&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

$30 a piece beats  $1000 a piece any day :^)))
You just have to keep looking to get the good deals <;^/

David