Re: Very Confused On Grounding

At 04:02 PM 5/13/2005, you wrote:
In the Terry Filter he shows one side be grounded to RF (spark gap side) and the other side of the filter be tied to the NST case. Wouldn't this cause major RF on the NST case and maybe inducing into house lines?

Interesting thought... I was thinking the NST case might be hit by streamers in which case it would be best to have it tied to the RF ground. "Maybe" there are situations where the case would be best tied to the AC. But I normally just use the AC ground for safety since it is terrible and conducting RF.

All my coils have MOVs and dual-stage line filters on the AC line too :-) So maybe if you are worried, you would want to do that as well. That stuff can be far back at say the AC power outlet. Mine are inside the variac controller.

Cheers,

        Terry