Re: Current Limiting and Impedence

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have had good luck with bailing wire, but no one listens to what I say.
Bailing wire is soft, easy to use with hi permiability and low retentivity.
If burned first an oxide coats the outside that prevents electrical
conductivity between strands and retains shelack or enamel coating to bind
the strands tight to each other when dry to reduce humm. I just wind the
wire over wood pegs longer than I nead ,laquer coat the wire ( dump coat)
and clamp them tight with hose clamps to dry. I then cut the solid bundel to
length with a hack saw.  The curved ends are wasted. Bailing wire is cheep
and a 50 lb role makes a large core.
   Robert   H