Re: transmission lines from transformer /was: First Light HELP

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

We use shielded 12 kV and 25 kV underground
distribution at work. The one thing we have to do
before we "play" with them is to discharge them. With
miles of cable, the insulation between the conductor
and the shield has a fair amount of capacitance, and
packs quite a charge. I doubt if that's a problem on a
short run though.

Adam