Re: hot dog

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You'd probably need a real big coil to cook a hot dog. Otherwise the currents will probably be way too small. Actually, you can cook a hot dog pretty well by simply plugging it directly into a wall socket. I tried this years ago and recall having some luck. Get a couple of aligator clips and two nails. Poke the nails into the ends of the hot dog, then clip the nails to the output of your variac. Adjust variac output for maximum doneness :D