hot dog - topic drift -- odors in labs

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I had the great pleasure in the '70's of meeting Dr. Edgerton through
work (I was employed by the New England Aquarium and met him there -- he
had a passion for Oceanography as well as strobes)

I also did a lot of photography so took him up on an invitation to see
his labs.

You all know the famous photos of bullets piercing various fruits?
What you don't know is that the lab where these photos were taken
smelled of 'ripe' fruit.
It was an old ramshackle wood building (WW-II surplus), no air
conditioning and Cambridge's famous 90/90 summers (90 degrees and 90%RH)

Every time one of these photos was taken, a fine mist of fruit pulp
would be spread around the room.

Winter was a lot better time to work there...