Re: center tapped transformers

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Qndre Qndre" <qndre_encrypt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm not talking about grounding one end of the secondary but about
> not grounding anything on the secondary side. This way I don't see
> why there should be a voltage potential between the transformer's
> secondary and the transformer's primary where insulation could break
> down.

there will not be any potential there - until the streamer wouldn`t
strike the primary, since the streamer has a potential relative to the
ground and the neutral wire is also grounded. howewer, if you are
using safety gaps, this potential wouldn`t be much higher than the
potential at the the half of the secondary, therefore imo the
breakdown of any insulation (pri or sec) is impossible.
i don`t understand too - why should we groung the transformer case and
i`m not going to do that,  coz it automatically means the death of a
bridge rectifier :-) it`s better to adjust the safety gaps properly.

-----
Neon transformers are doomed in Tesla service! I should know, I've
killed more of 'em than many pople have ever even seen in a life time.
25-03-96 (c) Richard Hull, TCBOR