Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

"Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I may still have a Read rectifier made to charge the old edison cell lights
to light the way in mines. They worked at the turn of the century and mine
should still work. The glass battery cell batteries died long ago.
    Robert   H"

Do you mean (reed" as in a synchronous vibrating reed rectifier? I used to have one which consisted of a vibrating reed running at synchronous (power line) frequency and equipped with a pair of contacts from which to get the DC output. Used a permanent magnet to polarize the reed and a coil fed by the transformer to energize it. I can't find any reference to a "Read" rectifier where Read is a proper name.
The synchronous rectifier is very efficient but a real producer of radio interference, something that didn't matter "in the good old days". Tens of millions used in auto radios over the years, but they required careful RF filtering.

Ed