Re: LTR vs. STR for pigs was Re: PFC Question

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> and why do we need high energies at all? give me at
> least one example
> when this helped to substantially exceed 1.7sqrt.

In order to get 1.7*sqrt(p) you need a bang energy big
enough such that you can deliver p watts at 120bps. As
long as you operate at 120bps, you get a "Freau
factor" of about 1.7. If you go below 120bps, you get
more than 1.7, if you go higher, you get less. My
400bps coils get about 1.3 to 1.4.

So, using a low energy at a high repetition rate is
not as efficient as a high energy at a low rep rate.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/