Long Sparks or Powerful Sparks

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

I have been thinking again, what if a special coil
could be made that would produce a very long pulsed
spark, but very thin?  The reason I think a tesla coil
would be better than a marx, is that a marx genorator
requires dangerously large caps to work.  I would like
a less deadly spark to work with.

The key here is voltage, and LOTS of it! perhaps a
coil of very fine wire, say 2200 turns.  That way I
could use a much larger cap with a bigger "bang" since
a lower frequency would be in place.  I also might
charge that cap with a rediculas 100,000 volts DC.
The higher voltage might be less losey for such short
pulses.

Ideas on this would be great.  Im looking for
*anything* you have, even theory or unproven ideas.

If you have a better way to achive this other than
tesla coil, E-mail me offlist.  I want to keep the
TCML clean!

Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp