Re: PFC for 12kV 60mA NST ATTN: Terry

Hi Tim,

I used MicroSim to find that value sort of by trial an error with the program. The PFC caps took the line current from about 16 amps to 8.5 amps. I have never used any equations but I am sure there are some out there. It is dependent of if the coil is LTR, static or sync gap, NST etc.

The PFC caps should not have any effect on saturation.

In general you would wont the PFC caps to be a little on the low side since too much capacitance could do odd things. But that is not real likely at these current levels.

Cheers,

        Terry